Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 10 20 ... 90
New Members / Re: I'm alive
« Last post by Dubby on January 10, 2018, 02:44:31 PM »
just checking.  Are you still alive in 2018?
General Automotive / Re: Taurus SHO
« Last post by Dubby on January 10, 2018, 12:29:07 PM »
So it's been a few years having this car.  I'll write a quick review:

1. 311hp only seemed a touch faster than my old 2012 Lexus ES350 which had 270.  I think the Genesis is very heavy.  It can definitely smoke the tires and can break loose getting on the freeway on ramp.
2. The quality of the car is great.  Every bit as nice as my Lexus.  One thing to note, my car and my wife's X5 were parked under an Oak Tree at our rental house when we moved to Austin.  I could hear the acorns falling on the cars at night.  My car developed some slight dents, similar to hail damage.  My wife's X5 shows no issues from the acorns.  German Steel vs Korean Steel
3. Service is awful.  The Houston Dealer made all kinds of promises that I never got to enjoy.  Free loaners, a few free oil changes, and treatment similar to lexus service.  Here in Austin, they didn't get the memo.  I actually got made fun of for spending over 40k on a Hyundai at the service counter.  No loaner, and they wouldn't honor free oil change coupons that the Houston Dealer gave me.  I asked to speak with the service manager, and the dude never came out.  I waited for my oil change and he never showed so i left.  I haven't pursued any further contact with the dealer.  I take my car to a mom and pop shop near my house.  They do a great job and they are quick and way nicer.

Conclusion: I would buy another one if there were an actual Genesis dealership here in Austin.  I like the new 3.3 Turbo V6, and the new G90.  Just can't stand putting up with Hyundai service.
Houston Events / Re: December EAG Monthly Meet: Fighting Cancer for Gerardo
« Last post by McLovin on November 29, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
Thanks guys
Off Topic / Re: Movies you've seen lately.
« Last post by MICVIN on November 28, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »
no body on the boards...

I saw Thor, Coco, and Justice League.  in that order of which one was best.
Saw Thor first week it came out with my boys. I really liked the change the new director made with it. I wouldn't want that style for every movie though.
« Last post by MICVIN on November 28, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
do y'all still have a good turnout for these?
Yes Jason. The forums are dead, but most members hang out on the HTX Volkswagen Facebook Group. Hopefully I can revamp EAG soon, but the meets still get packed. Friday should be crazy, especially for the cause. Come out man.
Off Topic / Re: Shrek is back
« Last post by Dubby on November 27, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
wut up
Off Topic / Re: Movies you've seen lately.
« Last post by Dubby on November 27, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
no body on the boards...

I saw Thor, Coco, and Justice League.  in that order of which one was best.
General Automotive / Re: 4210 Tree Top Dr
« Last post by Dubby on November 27, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
Lets have an update hung-daddy
« Last post by Dubby on November 27, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
do y'all still have a good turnout for these?
Pages: [1] 10 20 ... 90