Author Topic: Coilover Install  (Read 2067 times)

Offline st_wgn

• EAG'er
Coilover Install
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting some HPA SHS coils for my 06 Audi A3 (60K miles). If I bring them to install, do you you recommend I pick up a suspension 'refresh' kit (strut mounts, tie rod ends, etc.) as well?

Also what are your thoughts about replacing any bushings?

My goals are going lower and better handling while maintaining a decent riding daily driver.

Thanks for any input.

Vic
06 Audi A3 - Slow Wagon

Offline Clay

• EAG'er
Re: Coilover Install
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Yes.
You typing poorly on purpose reflects your intelligence level, so try harder next time.

Offline wetwithwaterwings

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
    • lower uncton
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
at 60k, i would replace your strut mounts if you're doing a coilover install. the tie rods and control arm bushings should still be fine, especially if your car has been stock height all this time. text me whenever you're ready to install. :like:

281 217-3441
jake
Lower Uncton

Most of us drive slow Volkswagens so the main function they serve is to drive around town and look pretty.

Offline mattchow_

• EAG'er
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:18:52 AM »
possible to change the strut mounts without taking the whole coilover off? im getting that lame rubbing sounds when i reverse out of my driveway, planned on getting new upgraded ones. how much? anything else i should be looking at suspension wise if im around 60k miles?

Offline alf

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 06:55:26 AM »
its just easier to remove it and put the new strut mounts on. its possible, but more of a hassle. since you have ST's i would worry about it, they go in and out easily. dont panic about that noise though, a few of us get it, it wont hamper the ride, but if your totally about changing em let us know.

other than strut mounts @ 60k, that should be it. bushings should go at over 100k.

Offline mattchow_

• EAG'er
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 04:52:55 PM »
its just easier to remove it and put the new strut mounts on. its possible, but more of a hassle. since you have ST's i would worry about it, they go in and out easily. dont panic about that noise though, a few of us get it, it wont hamper the ride, but if your totally about changing em let us know.

other than strut mounts @ 60k, that should be it. bushings should go at over 100k.

been living with it lol, im just over 60k, so im looking more towards preventative maintenance. how much to install new strut mounts? i'll trade you with long looks and beer lol. text me or message me here or fb qt.

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
    • lower uncton
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »
alf i will do it for 6 bottles of hellfighter.
Lower Uncton

Most of us drive slow Volkswagens so the main function they serve is to drive around town and look pretty.

Offline mattchow_

• EAG'er
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »
alf i will do it for 6 bottles of hellfighter.

lol. Wish I had 6 bottles to give you, 6 bottles worth is another story.

Offline alf

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
i have two different numbers for you for some reason, but text me if you got my number or facebook me. im sure we can work something out with beer as a form of barter.

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
    • lower uncton
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
or sex
Lower Uncton

Offline alf

• Administrator
  • EAG'er
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »
 :pizza: :pizza:

Offline mattchow_

• EAG'er
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:05 AM »
oops, word. my number ends in 2146.. i'll be looking to buy the strut mounts, walk and rigid collar soon, gotta recoup from the k04 install.